Smudging is an ancient ceremony utilized by the indigenous peoples of our planet. Smudging removes negativity and stagnant energies from a person, place or thing and invites in positive, new, fresh, vibrant energies. Below is an example of a simple smudging ceremony:
- Gather white sage, cedar & sweetgrass and place them in heat-resistant bowl or about me shell.
- Light the smudge blend until a steady smoke begins to flow (the container will be hot, use caution).
- With a feather or your hand, waft the smoke through the air. Visualize all negative energies being consumed by the smoke and transformed into peace, love and positivity.
- Open your windows and doors and allow the smoke to drift out of your home and to bring in some fresh air.
- *To smudge a person or yourself, begin at the top of the head and work your way down, using the same visualization illustrated above.